Purushottam Agrawal - Response from Ministry of Home Affairs to my RTI query

Dear Friends, 
I am glad to say that, even though belatedly, I have got a response from the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India on my RTI query regarding reported destruction of historically important files and documents. The details of the response, along with photographs of the original letter I have received, are up on my blog: 
http://www.purushottamagrawal.com/2014/08/response-from-ministry-of-home-affairs-to-my-rti-query/
I would like to very sincerely thank all of you for your support and encouragement to this petition. I believe the enthusiastic support this petition received by South Asian scholars worldwide, and the consequent press attention, certainly helped put pressure on the government to respond adequately to this matter and clarify that historically important files have been sent to the National Archives of India for preservation and scholarly study. 


Regards, 
Purushottam

As some of you may know, in July I had filed an RTI query with the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India regarding the reported destruction of several thousand official files and documents, ostensibly for ‘cleaning up’ of offices. As per newspaper reports, some of these files pertained to Gandhi assassination and other matters of great historical importance.
Details of my RTI and a petition circulated in this respect are available here:
I am happy to say that I have received, even though somewhat belatedly, a response from the Ministry which is attached below: (click the images to see full size)

Popular posts from this blog

Third degree torture used on Maruti workers: Rights body

Haruki Murakami: On seeing the 100% perfect girl one beautiful April morning

The Almond Trees by Albert Camus (1940)

Satyagraha - An answer to modern nihilism

Rudyard Kipling: critical essay by George Orwell (1942)

Three Versions of Judas: Jorge Luis Borges

Goodbye Sadiq al-Azm, lone Syrian Marxist against the Assad regime